Talks about tablet PC vs laptop 2013 have actually become heated and serious debates among gadget enthusiasts, even as both technologies for these two devices continue to develop. Laptop computers came in way ahead of tablet PCs. The first models of laptop computers were first introduced into the market in the early 1980s; it highlighted an appreciated feature, which is portability. Today, both laptop and Tablet PCs are two of the most portable computer devices that you can own.
The frontrunner among tablet PCs is the iPad, which runs on the iOS Operating system. Other tablets use every-growing android operating systems. Basically, iPad and most other brands of tablet PCs are mobile gadgets. They are equipped with a gaming device, e-reader, and music (iPod for iPad). Tablet PC makers utilize application programs, known as Apps, which are designed for a variety of uses. They can be installed on your tablet through an App Store or various other app markets. The touch screen is easily cleaned; you will be able to adjust quite easily to its unique feel and appearance.
A Laptop offers the functionality of a desktop computer as well as portability and ease of use of a mobile phone. Like tablets, laptops can be taken anywhere. This is the advantage of the two devices over the desktop computer. There is no doubt about it, you can use a laptop in any way you want; whether business, gaming, entertainment, and networking. Laptops boast of Wi-Fi, USB connectivity, Bluetooth, camera, and a host of essential features and options that can be added to the machine with minimal cost. Needless to say, you many install just about everything into a laptop.
Tablet PC vs Laptop 2013 – Comparing the two
When it comes to features, functions, and components, there are similarities as well as differences between these two devices. It is advisable to take tab of each and every one of them to decide which of the two best meets your computing needs.
There is no doubt about it – you become a productive worker with a laptop. The problem with a tablet PC is the lack of a true keyboard. However, this as well as other essential accessories can be added to the device to turn it to a more serious and hardworking machine.
Laptop battery only lasts up to 3 hours, which is considered short for any serious worker. Battery power becomes much less if applications are fully run, such as video and games. On the other hand, tablet PC lasts up to 10 hours in terms of battery life. The charger of the tablet PC is much smaller than that of tablet PC and easily fits in a pocket.
One thing that you will appreciate about tablet PC is its smallness in size. This makes it much handier to bring around than the laptop. When it comes to weight, a tablet PC weighs between 1.5 and 2 pounds; while the common laptop machine weighs from 5 to 7 pounds.
While both devices are portable, the tablet PC is much more convenient to bring around than the laptop. Imagine being able to breeze through security checks in major airports. Because it can be compared to a book, you can easily take it out and bring it back into your backpack with no major problem at all. However, it is a must that you secure it in a protective case.
You cannot compare the touch screen of a tablet with the standard keyboard and mouse of a laptop. Obviously, they are input devices that are completely different from each other. Many have embraced the use of touch screen. However, many other users find it more natural to use a keyboard and mouse. While there is an on-screen keyboard for the tablet PC, you can also use a USB keyboard on it.
Laptop devices can use any type of Operating System. If you are a MacBook Pro user, you know that it allows Windows to be used as a secondary OS. In the case of tablet PCs, you have to stick to its original Operating System.
Hard Disk Capacity
In the aspect of hard disk capacity, the maximum amount that are currently available in iPad or other tablet PC brand is 64 Gigabytes. Laptops certainly beat tablets in this area, since the average model possesses at least 200 Gigabytes.
Advantages of Tablet PC over Laptop
1. A tablet PC scores highly over a laptop when it comes to lightness in weight. While laptops can also be brought along where ever you go, you have to take account of the fact that they are much heavier.
2. Some consider it an advantage that they can use tablet PC while having it laid flat on any working surface, which is ideal especially during a meeting. In the case of the laptop, screens need to be maintained in a vertical position. This somehow affects the visibility of the user, particularly if he needs have a full view of the person in front of him.
3. Tablet PCs use a special pen to take input. If you use this device, your handwriting is basically the input. You can personalize or adjust any input easily with the use of this pen than a touchpad or keyboard. Over time, you will learn to use the pen in the right manner, and even customize it for your tablet PC.
Advantages of Laptop over Tablet PC
1. Size matters to some users. They find the screen of an average laptop of the right size. The size of a Table PC screen; on the other hand, is too small for others to be convenient used, especially for work.
2. Laptops have built-in optical drive, tablet PCs don’t. In case you need one, you can connect this drive to a tablet externally.
3. Laptop screen are less prone to damage than that of tablet PCs. If you decide to go for a tablet, you must use a special screen guard to protect the screen of your tablet device.
4. Input with tablets is slower compared to laptops. This is because of the fact that tablet PCs accommodate handwriting inputs, and this will not be able to match the speed that can be achieved when using a keyboard and mouse, which laptop computers use.
5. Laptops are more affordable than tablet PCs; at least, as for the moment. Price is certainly an essential aspect that everyone must consider before deciding whether to buy a laptop or Tablet PC.
Tablet PC vs Laptop 2013 – Choose One that Serves Your Needs
Simply put, when selecting between tablet PC vs laptop in 2013, you must certainly consider your specific requirements as well as usage. If you are in need of a handy, efficient and smart gadget; hands down, tablet PC is the best. You simply add some useful apps and ensure convenient wireless connectivity and you are sure to own a great gadget for yourself.
On the other hand, if you are a game enthusiast who is into heavy gaming, a computer professional who does serious programming and similar works, or even a technical expert who requires hardware and software support, the laptop is the best one to suit your needs. You do not have to worry about bringing your laptop along with you, so long as you acquire the newest 2012 models, which are known to be much lighter and more portable.
162 total views, 3 today